- Process design, including material, And/or energy reduction, Material or chemical selection, Product design for a single phase of a, Product’s life, Pollution prevention, Media-based, Regulations, Resource availability and economics, Consumer behavior, Product utility, Reuse and recycling options, Product based legislation and standards, Life cycle inventory development, Material flow analysis
- By-product synergy, Eco-industrial development, Multiple/nested lca analysis, Input-output analysis, Policy development, Consumption patterns and preferences, Eco-industrial development, Multiple/nested lca analysis, Toxicology, Biological ecosystems, Nutrient availability, Physical and environmental sciences, Fate and transport, Chemical reactions and behavior in the, Geo-biosphere, Perturbations and flows within the geobiosphere, Physical input-output analysis, Economics and business, Cost analysis, Economic input-output analysis, Life cycle cost analysis, Sociology and policy, Environmental regulations and legislation, Consumer behavior, Cultural and other value systems
- Humanities and aesthetics, Architecture, Design, Leisure, Social system, socioscape, ecosystem, Sustainability science, Social issues in sustainability, Energy, Producing and capturing energy, Global energy and sources, Energy alternatives for reasons of policy, politics & interests, Energy supply & demand, Energy regulation, Small-scale energy productionenergy capture in biomass and meat, Stocks, flows, global energy, and alternatives, Food, Social and environmental challenges of a globalized food system, Global food system & local resistance, Food chains, Knowledge and power, Politics of energy technology and the politics in energy technologies, Technology as a solution, Food system issues in an ecological context, Relationship between landscape and society, Horizontal and vertical integration agroecology, Food production
- Challenges of institutional change;, Unpacking the labels of alternative food production methods, Bringing food home: striving for sustainability in food service, Multiple approaches to sustainable food:, Food deserts connecting energy and agriculture, Meeting multiple goals in food production, Environmental ethics, Conservation to environmentalism:, Sustainability, Tracing the roots of modern environmentalism, Limits to growth, Water, Global water, Water as a right vs. Water as a commodity, Human needs vs. Capital, Water poverty, Embedded/virtual water, Water infrastructure, Water diversions, Water conservation, Water for ecosystems, Desalinationproduction & commodity chains, Production, Life cycle analysis applying green principles to the production of goods and services, Developing lcas, Consumption & waste
- Sustainability & consumption, Measuring impact, Reproducing social practices, Planned vs. Perceived obsolescence, Cities, Design & planning, General geographic,, Economic & political circumstances, Comparative advantage, Urban planning & design, Embedded resources, Automobility as a technical & social problem, Building & architecture, Art & environment, Politics & economics, Intersection between politics,, Economics, environment,, Sustainability:, Personal responsibility, Roles of policy and industry, Bureaucratic stasis,, Fear and barriers of institutional structures, Fostering social innovation, Sustainability revisited, sustainability engineering, Green engineering concepts, Ethical consumerism, Life cycle assessment, Energy management, Renewable energy systems, Design for sustainability, Degradation modeling.
A B E 388. Sustainable Engineering and International Development.
Multi disciplinary approach to sustainable engineering , international development, sustainable development, appropriate design , engineering, feasibility analysis, international aid, business development, philosophy , politics of technology, ethics in engineering